Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about the app and its functionality, please contact tech support at: email@example.com
If your question is about CDC policy, please reach out to the Services Center through this contact form.
- Military Service Members
- Gold Star Spouses
- DOD Civilians & Contractors
- Military Retirees
- Other Federal Agency Personnel
We are now live at the following bases:
- JB Anacostia-Bolling
- JB Andrews
We intend to continue rolling out to additional bases throughout 2021 and 2022.
Kinderspot's intent is to help facilitate short-term care for eligible families by giving visibility to available weeks that have been offered by verified spot holders at participating CDCs.
Spot holders, who create a Kinderspot account, will be able to offer week-long blocks of time per child, at participating CDCs, to make their spot temporarily available when gone on leave or TDY.
Prospective spot renters can create a Kinderspot account, even if they do not hold a spot at a CDC. Available weeks will be visible at participating CDCs, and renters can inform the CDC Admin of their desire to rent. Once they have completed paperwork at a CDC, and become a verified renter, they can book any available week(s) through the app.
Creating an account on Kinderspot will not put you on the waitlist for a spot or improve your waitlist spot for a CDC. To get on the list for full-time care at your local CDC please apply on militarychildcare.com.
Kinderspot will be available on both Android and iOS devices as a mobile app.
Offering a Spot
It only takes three easy steps to offer your child’s spot for an eligible renter to book.STEP 1: Indicate which CDC your child holds a spot at
- Spots can only be offered through Kinderspot from participating CDCs
- Your child’s enrollment at a CDC must be verified by CDC Admin before you can offer their spot
- You can proceed with your offer when your child is verified
- Spots offered can only be rented by children of the same age, so it’s important to know if your child’s age will change before you offer their spot
- Currently offers must be made for an entire week
- As soon as an offer is made, it will be viewable for eligible renters to book
We validate all users to make sure that they are eligible to offer or rent a spot, in order to guarantee that the information in the app is accurate and trustworthy.
If a week you have offered is booked and rented by another family then you will receive credit to your account, directly from your CDC. Expect this credit to be equivalent to the amount you would have been charged for this week.
You may cancel an unreserved week at any time. If the week is reserved you can still cancel your offer, as long as it is not within 3 business days of the offered week. Cancellation within the app must be accompanied by an explanation, sent in writing/email to the CDC/SAC administrative staff.
Renting a Spot
It only takes three easy steps to rent weeks that have been offered by spot holders.STEP 1: Indicate where you would like to become eligible to rent
- Spots can only be rented through Kinderspot from participating CDCs
- Your child’s eligibility to rent at a CDC must be verified by CDC Admin before you can rent any weeks. You will be required to fill out paperwork and return it to the CDC before they can update your verification status
- You can proceed with your rental when your child is verified
- Spots offered can only be rented by children of the same age, so it’s important to know if your child’s age will change before you rent a spot
- Currently rentals must be made for an entire week
- As soon as a week is rented, it will not be available for anyone else to book
When using the app to search for a CDC you would like to rent at, when you select a CDC to browse availability you will be able to view links to the following for that specific CDC: Driving Directions, Phone, Email and Website. These links persist throughout the rental experience.
Each CDC has a packet of paperwork that they will provide for you to complete. At the present time this paperwork may differ slightly for each CDC, so it is important to complete what is necessary to rent at the CDC you are hoping to find spots.
During this process you will see a "pending" status on this child's card on the home screen of the app.
When the paperwork is complete the CDC Admin will verify that you are eligible to rent. After that verification occurs your status will be updated to "verified renter".
If your child is marked as "Not Eligible" the CDC Admin may have found that the required paperwork can not be completed.
Currently each child would need to become a verified renter at the CDC(s) you wish to rent at. You can browse current availability during this process, but keep in mind that rentals are offered at a first come, first serve basis, and the week may become booked before you complete your paperwork process. Spots are not kept empty at a CDC in order to rent them, and are only available through Kinderspot when a spot holder with a child the same age as yours offers their week up for rental.
We are working on an interface that will make viewing availability for multiple children easier. This will be implemented in a future version of Kinderspot.
The cost of the rental, per week, will be paid directly to the CDC at the renter’s rate, based on the family’s total family income.
You may cancel your rental at any time, but if it is within 3 business days of the reserved week you will still be responsible for the payment of the week. Cancellation within the app must be accompanied by an explanation, sent in writing/email to the CDC/SAC administrative staff.
No, you can use any working email address to create an account.
You can do that under the "Account" section of the Kinderspot App, under "Manage Account Info"
Under the "Account" section of the Kinderspot App, under "Manage Dependents", you will be able to:
- Add a child when needed
- Manage each child individually
- Update name and age range, or remove if needed
- View verification status, and when that status was granted
- Unenroll at your CDC
You can do that under the "Account" section of the Kinderspot App, under "Manage Dependents"
Currently you will need to send a request to reset your password to: firstname.lastname@example.org